I recently bought a new Acer Aspire 3 laptop. It stopped charging and won’t switch on

Options
Laina2244
Laina2244 Member Posts: 1 Newbie

the laptop is not even more that 2 month, I have not used it much. What is the battery matter with Acer laptops. This is really stressful I wish I knew before. A new laptop can’t be better drained already isn’t it. In my search it seems that this is a common issue with Acer laptops. What is the matter?

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,867 Trailblazer
    edited April 29
    Options

What are you using for charging, an AC power adapter with the round barrel DC plug or a new USB-C type charger? What is the full Aspire3 model and Windows version/build. There is a small pinhole at the back of the laptop with a battery sign, insert vertically a pin in the hole till you feel a click (microswitch) keep pressing for 5 seconds, this will reset the battery. Try to boot with the adapter/charger. If still no charging or booting possible, check the power cables of the adapter/charger, try another wall outlet, don't use AC plug converters/adapters or extension cords. Send/bring the laptop to Acer Services in your country and include the adapter/charger.