Acer Aspire G7750 maximum upgrades to play games

Options
good4xyz
good4xyz Member Posts: 1 Newbie
edited April 29 in Predator Desktops

I want to make this computer my dad gave me the best it can be before it needs to be fully replaced. Currently I do alot of my gaming with xbox gaming online and I prefer the fighting games like mortal combat I have fiber connection for internet and my gaming performance is really bad. I get alot of square blocks and slowness during battle and it makes it almost impossible to win. I tend to revert to my laptop to play. But I love the Predator computer I really want to use it as my main pc. I want to upgrade to the best I can in every area where I can make those changes to this machine. So this is what I have ….

Acer Aspire G7750

Windows 10 Home

Bios Ver. P01-A3 Vendor : American Megatrends Inc.

DirectX12.0

CPU Type : QuadCore Intel Core i7 960, 3200MHz

Motherboard Chipset : Intel Tylersburg X58

System Memory : 24566 MB

Video Adapter : GeForce GTX 570 (1280 MB) x2

Audio Adapter : Intel 82801JBICH10 - High Definition Audio COntroller

Partitions total size 3444.1 GB (2289.3 GB Free)

Network Adapter : Qualcomm Atheros AR922X Wireless Network Adapter

Network Adapter : Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller Virtualbox Host-Only Ethernet

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,065 Trailblazer
    Options

The Aspire G7750 Acer support has terminated, and you need to get all the drivers from a 3rd party provider like HelpDrivers that has 17 files for the Aspire G7750 desktop. The only thing that you can do with your Aspire G7750 is to upgrade the cpu to the higher end type Core i7-975 and increase the ram to this desktop max 16GB at 4x 4GB DDR1600Mhz type ram. Also upgrade the boot HDD to a 2.5" SSD as its allot quicker for a boot drive and use the 2TB/7200rpm oem drive as a slave for storage. This desktop has a 750W PSU so you can upgrade the gpu to either a GeForce GTX 750 Ti or a Radeon HD 6950type as these gpu's will increase graphics performance by at least 270% to the oem gpu that this desktop is fitted by Acer with its AMD Radeon HD 5850 oem gpu. But in my opinion, you would be much better off investing in a new Win-11 desktop like the N50-650 or the Aspire XC-1660 type desktops from Acer. good luck.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍