AN17-41-R8N5 when unplugging AC adapter getting error as System mode locked, charge the battery.

Options
Malarkus8
Malarkus8 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited April 29 in Nitro Gaming

I recently bought an Acer Nitro 17 (AN17-41-R8N5), and whenever I unplug the adapter, it gives me very strange problems. Firstly, I get a message from NitroSense saying, “System mode locked, please charge the battery to at least 40% to resume mode settings.” Then, my brightness keys and mode switch key stop working. It is very odd as it happens often, but does not happen every time I unplug the adapter. When this happens my battery is charged past 40% and plugging the adapter back in does not fix the problem. Deleting and reinstalling NitroSense also doesn’t work. The only fix I have found is to restart my computer when I get this message, and it’s starting to get frustrating.

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]
[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Best Answers

• Malarkus8
    edited April 29 Answer ✓
    Options

Tried that too, brightness still locks. I’m not unplugging it during gaming, I usually just unplug it if I’m going somewhere and taking it with me. These are very odd problems, the brightness keys not working and the mode switch locking, even though it’s charging and over 40%? The battery may be defective, so if I can’t find a fix soon I might try to return it.

• Malarkus8
    Answer ✓
    Options

I found a way to fix it. I only plug in or unplug the adapter while the computer is off. That seems to keep the problems from happening.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,627 Trailblazer
    Options

Open Device Manager. Expand batteries folder. Uninstall ALL drivers in battery folder. Exit Device Manager without re-installing anything. Shut down Windows normally. Wait a few moments. Turn machine back on. Test again after Windows has fully booted.

Jack E/NJ

• Malarkus8
    Options

Still isn’t working. When I turned the computer back on and tested it, it gave me the same message followed by the same problems. (Brightness and mode switch key not working.) I also noticed that after this message, there is no more beep noise when I plug the adapter in again.

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,867 Trailblazer
    edited April 29
    Options

Why are you plugging and unplugging the adapter during gaming, you are upsetting Windows power management that switches from one power mode to the other. Just leave the adapter pugged in 24/7 to keep the battery fully charged, turn off Battery Saver as that controls the brightness. Reset the Power Plan to factory default in "Edit Power Plan". Each time you unplug the adapter, or the battery gets low (below 50%) the systems throttles power to the CPU and GPU to conserve battery life.

• Malarkus8
    edited April 29 Answer ✓
    Options

Tried that too, brightness still locks. I’m not unplugging it during gaming, I usually just unplug it if I’m going somewhere and taking it with me. These are very odd problems, the brightness keys not working and the mode switch locking, even though it’s charging and over 40%? The battery may be defective, so if I can’t find a fix soon I might try to return it.

• Malarkus8
    Answer ✓
    Options

I found a way to fix it. I only plug in or unplug the adapter while the computer is off. That seems to keep the problems from happening.

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,627 Trailblazer
    Options

> >I recently bought an Acer Nitro 17 (AN17-41-R8N5),> >

So return it to the seller as defective for a refund or exchange before the vendor return merchandise authorization (RMA) period ends. Usually only a few weeks. Don't waste any more time. Return it now.

Jack E/NJ