Cracking popping sound on my Acer swift SF114-34

Options
Lamon
Lamon Member Posts: 2 New User

I have an issue that's been driving me crazy. My laptop makes popping sounds whenever I choose a program, or make a program selection. I have tried everything from turning off my enhancements, battery custom settings, audio troubleshoot, driver updates the lot. My audio is fine once in play for everything.

Even when I start my laptop it makes a few cracking sounds as it boots up.

I have tried using external speakers, it's the same.

If I watch a movie and the movie buffers for a few seconds, when the movie resumes my laptop makes the popping sound. There is nothing I haven't tried, I'm at my wits end.

Please help.

Answers

• Lamon
    Lamon Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Update. There is no popping or cracking sounds during any of my playback. Only when I click on a program, song or movie. As stated also during boot up.

• Axxo
    Axxo Member, Ally Posts: 282
    Options

Crackling audio on a laptop can be quite frustrating, but there are several potential causes and solutions to fix this issue. Here are some common causes and steps you can take to address them:

1. Driver Issues:
    • Update Audio Drivers: Outdated or corrupt audio drivers can cause crackling audio. You can update your audio drivers by visiting the laptop manufacturer's website or using Windows Update (for Windows laptops).
    1. Software Issues:
    • Close Unnecessary Applications: Running too many applications simultaneously can overload your laptop's resources and lead to audio issues. Close any unnecessary background applications.
    • Check for Resource-Intensive Programs: Some programs may consume excessive CPU or RAM, causing audio problems. Use the Task Manager (Ctrl+Shift+Esc) to identify and close such programs.
    1. Audio Settings:
    • Adjust Sound Settings: Check your audio settings to ensure the sample rate and bit depth are set correctly. You can do this in the Sound settings of your laptop.
    • Disable Enhancements: Sometimes, audio enhancements can cause issues. In the Sound settings, disable any enhancements or effects and see if the problem is resolved.
    1. Hardware Issues:
    • Check Cables and Connections: If you're using external speakers or headphones, check the cables and connections for any loose or damaged components.
    • Test with Different Headphones or Speakers: To rule out a hardware issue, try using different headphones or speakers to see if the crackling persists.
    1. Audio Settings in Media Players:
    • If the issue is specific to media players, check the settings within the media player you're using. Adjusting the playback settings may help.
    1. Electrical Interference:
    • Electronic devices or appliances near your laptop can cause interference. Move your laptop away from potential sources of electromagnetic interference, such as routers, microwave ovens, or cordless phones.
    1. Overheating:
    • Overheating can lead to performance issues, including audio problems. Ensure your laptop is well-ventilated, and consider cleaning any dust buildup from the cooling system.
    1. Malware and Viruses:
    • Malware or viruses can affect your laptop's performance, including audio. Run a full system scan using reputable antivirus software to rule out this possibility.
    1. Update Operating System:
    • Make sure your operating system is up to date. Updates often include fixes for known issues, including audio problems.
    1. Hardware Damage:
    • If you've tried all the above steps and the problem persists, it's possible that your laptop's audio hardware is damaged. In this case, you may need to consult a technician for hardware repair or replacement.

If you've gone through these steps and the audio issues continue, it may be beneficial to contact the laptop manufacturer's customer support for further assistance or consider seeking professional technical help to diagnose and repair any hardware-related problems.