Aspire A3 Showing No Signs of Booting: Blue Light On for 5-6 Seconds, Then Off.

Options
Dimitri1893
Dimitri1893 Member Posts: 4 New User

My 4-month-old Acer Aspire A3 (16-59-63DC) laptop shows no signs of booting when I press the power button, such as fan noise. Only the blue light comes on for 5 seconds, then goes off. I've tried some fixes, but nothing seems to work. I've attempted:

• Removing the internal battery and troubleshooting for battery and charger issues by draining residual power and testing these components.
  • Resetting the BIOS by removing the CMOS battery and plugging it back in.
  • Pressing and holding the battery reset pin.

I don't currently have a warranty and would like to exhaust all possible solutions before seeking assistance from a technician. Are there any other methods I can try to resolve this issue? Thank you.

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,891 Trailblazer
    Options

Aspire 3 A315-59? Disconnect the battery again and remove the CMOS coin battery but this time shorten the terminals (battery contacts) inside the CMOS module with a bended paperclip or short metal wire, that will reset BIOS. Also check the 2 RAM modules, unseat and firmly secure back in the 2 slots.

• Axxo
    Axxo Member, Ally Posts: 282
    Options

Unplug the charger. Re-do the pinhole reset for 60 seconds this time. Plug charger back in but wait until the battery charge LED turns on to steady orange then to steady blue before trying to turn the machine on
    again. It may take up to eight hours before the battery LED turns steady blue.

• Dimitri1893
    Options

I'll give that a try. I forgot to mention something that happened right before this issue arose. When I booted up my laptop, everything froze—keyboard, mouse pad, and USB ports. I force shut down my laptop, and when I tried turning it on again, this issue occurred. Thought it was worth mentioning in case it indicates a different fix method.

• Dimitri1893
    Options

I tried all of that twice but it still has the same issue. The laptop is only a few months old, I'm not sure what's going on. Is there any other solution?

• Dimitri1893
    Options

I tried that as well but still no luck

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,775 Trailblazer
    Options

Hello! Try all devices like battery, hd, ssd, wlan and everything that is possible to disconnect. Then, connect each device individually and try to turn on the computer.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,891 Trailblazer
    Options

Try to boot to BIOS with F2 and reset BIOS with F9, save changes on exit. If you can't boot to BIOS anymore, I recommend bringing the laptop to Acer Services in your country.