Acer Aspire V5-531-6677 15.6'' 1.90GHz Intel Bios and touch screen

Options
JamesT
JamesT Member Posts: 59 Devotee WiFi Icon
edited April 28 in Aspire Laptops

I have a Acer Aspire V5-531-6677 15.6'' 1.90GHz Intel couple questions if I can

1 is I push f2 to go into bios but it will not or f12 boot menu again will not it is not password protected I know as one time was able to do that but now it won't it is not the keyboard as it does the something with a external keyboard

2 it is not a touch screen now what does it take to make it a touch screen is the only way to do that is buy a touch screen assembly?

Thank you

Todd

[Edited the content to hide sensitive information]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,821 Trailblazer
    edited April 27
    Options

Try to enter BIOS in Windows, type BIOS in the Search bar and it will restart with the blue screen and Troubleshoot menu where you select edit UEFI. Alternatively keep the Shift key down while you click on the Restart option in Start-Power on the taskbar. Once in BIOS disable "Fast Boot" and if you want, enable the F12 key option. Yes, the only way to get the touch screen is to change your panel and drivers. (major process).

• JamesT
    edited April 28
    Options

and this is one that has the bezel where my acer v5 571p is a snap one type

I know the V5 571p will not work on a 531 type as the connect that goes to the board it is in a different position so I guess buying the whole assembly would be the only way

I guess it is focus on the bios part

Thank you

Todd

• JamesT
    Options

I did that turned the UEFI to Legacy now when it boots it does this is it cause the hard drive was installed with UEFI Settings?

if how to change it back

Todd

• JamesT
    Options

OK thank you for that trick it worked great

One question if I can what is the part number for the touch screen panel mine has the bezel screen assembly so I guess it only need the touch screen panel to make it a touch screen laptop

Thank you

Todd