Sound Quality is horrible. How do you fix that?

Options
Jan6660
Jan6660 Member Posts: 2 New User

I have followed all the instructions I have found to improve the sound quality of the Realtek Speakers for Windows 11 by updating drives and don't get the same results. The volume is extremely low when I have them set to 100% and the Mic volume is extremely low as well when trying to record video.

Any suggestions on how to improve this?

Best Answer

• Axxo
    Axxo Member, Ally Posts: 282
    Answer ✓
    Options

Do the following steps:-
    Go into Sound. Properties. Advanced and change the sound quality from CD to DVD quality. You can also download and Install Fxsound for free which Boosts Volume and Sound Quality on Your PC. Get better sound. Free open-source software to boost sound quality, volume, and bass. Including an equalizer, effects, and presets for customized audio.

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,877 Trailblazer
    Options

Uninstall the Realtek drivers in Safe Mode with DDU: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000091878/graphics.html and just reboot Windows will install the best sound drivers for your RTK audio chip. If you have an Aspire 5 the series have entry-level RTK audio speakers, not Hi-Fi and definitely need either sound volume boosters or an external Headset/speakers with a build-in amplifier.

• Axxo
    Axxo Member, Ally Posts: 282
    Answer ✓
    Options

Do the following steps:-
    Go into Sound. Properties. Advanced and change the sound quality from CD to DVD quality. You can also download and Install Fxsound for free which Boosts Volume and Sound Quality on Your PC. Get better sound. Free open-source software to boost sound quality, volume, and bass. Including an equalizer, effects, and presets for customized audio.

• Jan6660
    Jan6660 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I downloaded & installed the FXsound App. It helps the volume allot. I have the Aspire 3, and am guessing the speakers just aren't the best of quality. But at least I can hear it now.