Accer tc280 desktop, doesnt beep on start up and black screen no signal to accer monitor

Options
Gales
Gales Member Posts: 3 New User

I have a accer tc280, have had it for nearly 9 years, has been working fine, but it the last year ive had some issues. On boot the it doesnt beep and im not getting signal, changed hdmis, tried vga instead no prevail. I took the case off and looked inside. Hovered out dust and change iec, and tried again and it worked. So thought maybe faulty iec. I changed iec this time and tried multiple cables but now its not working again. It seems to happen after updating. P1, p2, p3 and p5 connected but p4 isnt, not sure where its supposed to go as wasnt comnected to anything when i took the case off. Could someone from accer support contact me, regarding the issue, as i am at a lost, that im having this tempernental power issue with the motherboard. I dont belive hardware is issue, maybe a software problem but cant get the pc on to investigate via bios.

Anyone who can help, please reply .

Cheers Jordan

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,014 Trailblazer
    Options

Check the PSU if its faulty as that could be an issue after 9 years. Good luck.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• Axxo
    Axxo Member, Ally Posts: 256
    Options

Hi Jordan

Usually when the computer boots up and there is no beeps, it means the motherboard has an issue or has died - but it could also be a failing power supply.

I think, in the first instance, is to remove all external cables & press & hold the power button for 30-60 seconds. Reconnect the power cable and try to boot.

Secondly, try it with a different power supply. If you're unsure of what to do, see if you can engage help from a friend or family member. Swap out the old supply with a new/borrowed one, ideally the same or greater wattage and then try to boot. If it works OK, then problem solved.

If the problem remains, then we need to look at the board. Reset things like RAM, graphics cards, etc and check connections. If it still fails to work, you could take it to a PC engineer who can test it for you.

• Gales
    Options

Hi Axxo,

LLike i said i did all your tests and had no change, it wasnt untill i changed the iec then it worked but now ive changed the iex about 5 times and now its not sorting itself out.

• Gales
    Options

I removed the ram card and reinserted a d it worked so maybe the ram is fall