NITRO 5 NOT TURNING ON The battery indicator not turning on.

Options
Ken000
Ken000 Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited May 1 in Nitro Gaming

I have a acer nitro 5 that I buy on Nov 2021, I just installed another ram on 2023. I'm just gaming when it turn off and untill then the laptop wont turn on. The battery indicator not turning on.

The charger is working with other laptop.

I've tried charging in other outlet or other house but not working.

I tried the 1min hold and charge after 20mins.

I tried to charge for a hour.

My laptop have built-in battery and I cant find the reset pinhole outside.

Can somebody have a solution with this?

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,013 Trailblazer
    Options

You need to do a Hard Reset, take the main battery out and then the RTC/BIOS battery out then quickly short the +&- pins at the mainboard plug to reset CMOS then take the ram out. Leave the laptop like that for 15min so that its EC chip resets itself and then reconnect everything back as this should reboot the laptop perfectly. Try all that and let us know if your laptop reboots and works. Good luck.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• Ken000

Tinkerer

Options

I'm sorry I did not notice your response. I brought my laptop to a technician and replace 3 shorted capacitor and finally turned on. after that he tested the laptop just in youtube. After I brought back my laptop, when I try to play high demanding game, the laptop beeps continually and the charging indicator on and off and the battery won't charge. I tried to remove the battery to boot it using the charger but the game is laggy as the same when the battery is on. I tried to use other charger but the issue didn't resolve. I think my laptop can't receive enough power or there's other solution that I can try

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,013 Trailblazer
    edited May 1
    Options

Use a higher capacity adapter, if your Nitro is a 2021 is it the AN515-56 or 55? As I'm using a 2021 Nitro 5 AN515-56 and I've never ever had any problems of power starvation in gaming like you have, the game that you are playing must require more power than what the adapter can provide or your oem adapter is faulty and can't provide adequate power.

If your laptop is the 2021 Nitro 5 AN515-56 then the below adapters which is a 135W - 19.5V @ 6.92A with a 1.7x5.5 barrel plug is the adapter for this laptop (as I've got the same adapter on my AN515-56 laptop) and is the oem adapters provided by Acer for this laptop. Try to use a more powerful adapter then the oem 130/135W adapter for gaming that you do, so use a 180W or a 230W adapter with the same barrel plug of 1.7x5,5 and see if the more powerful adapter works. Good luck.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• Ken000

Tinkerer

Options

Hello sir, thank you for another response. My acer nitro 5 is AN515-57. I use the oem adapter ever since. It has 19.5V 180W. I play the game for 2 years but no problem on high graphics settings. But now even on lowest possible setting, the game is not smooth. I don't have any adapter with high watts available. The store is 2hrs away and I'm short in budget so that I try to fix before I buy. The technician that check my laptop tested the charger and he read 18.9V in it. I have a schedule tomorrow with a technician but I try to fix it asap because I can't afford another php2000 (34 usd)

• Ken000

Tinkerer

Options

Sir the 2nd technician said that there are no problem on the hardware, he recommended to reprogram my laptop but all files will be gone