Swift Go 14 - Fans go wild when screen is off

Options
boxaman
boxaman Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

It's like a background process decides to ramp up when the screen is off after a Window-L (Lock screen).

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,621 Trailblazer
    edited April 26
    Options

Acer Quick Access "System Usage Mode" setting (see picture) switches fan mode between Silent, Normal and Performance. Turn off the lock screen in Hello and reset the power plan to factory default in "Edit Power Plan". Check for updates, you should be running W11 23H2 build 22631.3527 and also check Acer Support for your model if there is a new BIOS version.

• Axxo
    Axxo Member, Ally Posts: 256
    Options

Your laptop’s cooling fan is working, doing what is is supposed to do and that’s to cool down the internal components of the device.

That is why when the inside temperature is hot like after being used, it is running to bring down the temperature, even when it is close and been turned off. The inside temperature of the laptop is still hot.

You may also need to check the ventilation holes around the edges and at the bottom. They may be clogged with dirt and need to be cleaned to facilitate the cooling process and help the cooling fan!

• boxaman

Tinkerer

Options

Well not really. The fans quieten when I unlock the laptop. Locked with screen off….fans go wild. Unlock and they quieten down.

In Silent mode no issues.

In

• boxaman

Tinkerer

Options

Where do I find Quick Access? I have QuickPanel (video control) and AcerSense where I can choose power modes, OLED settings etc.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,796 Trailblazer
    Options

Acer Sense is, I believe, a replacement for Acer Quick Access.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.