I purchased an Acer Nitro 27" Monitor is faulty

Options
Haven84
Haven84 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited April 22 in Monitors

I purchased an Acer Nitro 27" in November 2023. I noticed the display would occasionally glitch out for a split second, but it did not bother me much since it was only a quick flash. About 3 weeks ago, the image would intermittently show the image distorted and glitchy. I would turn the monitor on and off to temporarily fix the issue but it progressively got worse. Today I turned the monitor off for 30 minutes only to turn it back on with the same issue. I don't think the issue is related to any software because even after disconnecting the Display cable, I was still getting the distorted/glitchy image (see second picture). I have not dropped or bumped the monitor onto anything since I purchased it. It just sits mounted on a monitor arm all day.

I chatted with a live agent who created a return ticket, but it seems I would have to get the monitor shipped out. I currently do not have the box for the monitor anymore. Boxes that accommodate 27 inch monitors for shipping are quite expensive. What are my options for repair since the monitor is still under the manufacturer's warranty and the issue seems to be with the monitor itself?

[Edited the thread to add model number to the title and to add issue detail]

Answers

• chriss112
    chriss112 Member Posts: 28 Troubleshooter
    Options

If your Acer Nitro 27" monitor is acting up, even though it's still under warranty, you might need to send it in for repairs. Since you don't have the original box, you'll need to figure out how to pack it safely for shipping. You can ask Acer support for help on what to do next.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options

First verify, if you haven't already, that it's not just an issue with the cable. A bad cable will often give similar effects.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Haven84
    Haven84 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I've came to the conclusion that it's just the monitor. The problem persists even when only a power cable is connected to the monitor.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options

Yes, if the issue is present with during the splash screen display, it is the monitor hardware that's at fault.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Axxo
    Axxo Member, Ally Posts: 252
    Options

I am really sorry for the inconvenience. It might be the issue with power outlet, surge protector, cables or on devices which you are connecting the monitor or may be the monitor itself.   Kindly follow the steps given below to narrow down the issue..

1. If the monitor is connected directly to a power outlet try to connect the monitor to a different power outlet on a different room and check.

2. If the monitor is connected to a surge protector, bypass the surge protector and connect it directly to power outlet and check. Try to use a different surge protector and check.. 

3. Try to use alternative cables for monitor and check.

4.  On the monitor - there are different menu buttons.  Press the control menu buttons and try to reset the settings of monitor and check.. 

5.  To isolate the issue, try to connect the monitor to a different computer and check whether the same problem appears.