liquid metal for Predator helios neo 16 i7 13700hx rtx 4050

Options
Kyfra
Kyfra Member Posts: 2 New User
edited April 21 in Predator Laptops

Does this laptop use liquid metal in the CPU and GPU?
I received information that the liquid metal is only for the CPU, is that true?
and I want to ask about Thunderbolt 4, can it be used for a 100w charger?

Best Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,980 Trailblazer
    edited April 22 Answer ✓
    Options

Your Predator PHN16-71 uses liquid metal paste but this new laptop doesn’t need new liquid metal paste. For a gaming laptop like the PHN16-71 and its temps that it reaches, its cpu/gpu liquid metal paste lasts a period of 2 years before its efficiency deteriorates and you need to change the paste.

If you want to or need to paste the cpu and gpu of the PHN16-71 laptop then use the Thermal Grizzly Liquid Metal Conductonaut Extreme paste and also use their Minus Pad 8 thermal pads.

The PHN16-71 laptop oem charger is a 330W High power 5.5PHY (1.7x5.5x11 barrel plug) Brick 19.5V/16.9A Black charger and requires that sort of power for the laptop to operate and at the same time be used, as the specs below show, the Thunderbolt 4 port of the PHN16-71 you can connect a 20V/65W adapter which will charge the laptop but I wouldn't use the laptop while this charger is plugged into the laptop as this could cause some damage to the battery or the actual laptop charging rail, so be cautious, if you have the 100W USB-C type adapter to charge this laptop, use the charger to only charge the laptop while its not used and its either turned off or in sleep mode. Good luck

PHN16-71 USB Type C ports that are also a Thinderbolt port specs:

Thermal Grizzly Liquid Metal

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• StevenGen
    Answer ✓
    Options

Yes, I know this from Acer documentation that they detail, which is a logical thing to do, as a manufacturer would not mix two different pastes in a production line as liquid metal paste is allot more affective for both cpu and gpu.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

Answers

• StevenGen
    edited April 22 Answer ✓
    Options

Your Predator PHN16-71 uses liquid metal paste but this new laptop doesn’t need new liquid metal paste. For a gaming laptop like the PHN16-71 and its temps that it reaches, its cpu/gpu liquid metal paste lasts a period of 2 years before its efficiency deteriorates and you need to change the paste.

If you want to or need to paste the cpu and gpu of the PHN16-71 laptop then use the Thermal Grizzly Liquid Metal Conductonaut Extreme paste and also use their Minus Pad 8 thermal pads.

The PHN16-71 laptop oem charger is a 330W High power 5.5PHY (1.7x5.5x11 barrel plug) Brick 19.5V/16.9A Black charger and requires that sort of power for the laptop to operate and at the same time be used, as the specs below show, the Thunderbolt 4 port of the PHN16-71 you can connect a 20V/65W adapter which will charge the laptop but I wouldn't use the laptop while this charger is plugged into the laptop as this could cause some damage to the battery or the actual laptop charging rail, so be cautious, if you have the 100W USB-C type adapter to charge this laptop, use the charger to only charge the laptop while its not used and its either turned off or in sleep mode. Good luck

PHN16-71 USB Type C ports that are also a Thinderbolt port specs:

Thermal Grizzly Liquid Metal

• Kyfra
    Kyfra Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
  • StevenGen
    Answer ✓
    Options

Yes, I know this from Acer documentation that they detail, which is a logical thing to do, as a manufacturer would not mix two different pastes in a production line as liquid metal paste is allot more affective for both cpu and gpu.

• Stiltonpie
    Stiltonpie Member Posts: 45 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options

I have the Predator Helios 16 with the i9-13900HX and RTX 4080 (2023). The Liquid Metal is only on the CPU in that model and I did change it. I made a post on it recently after I too off the cooling plate

• StevenGen
    Options

I have the Nitro AN515-56 i7-11370H / RTX3050 and I've been using Thermal Grizzly liquid metal for 12 months now and it works perfectly for both cpu and gpu and the temps are at least 5C better than the normal paste, but I've also cleaned the oem paste for the vram and replace it with thermal pads from Thermal Grizzly also.

• Stiltonpie
    Stiltonpie Member Posts: 45 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options

I've just replaced the LM with the Thermal Grizzly extreme on the CPU but not the GPU as there is no barrier to stop it from running off. I repasted with Thermal Grizzly paste. As for the OEM paste I've used Upsiren Thermal Putty UX Ultra Pro and temps are alot better.