MSI Afterburner, Question about the Nitro Sens performance mode being loud

Options
Peter92
Peter92 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited April 22 in Nitro Gaming
Hello!
I have a question about the Nitro Sens performance mode being loud.
Is it possible to modify it with MSI Afterburner?

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• alx181
    alx181 Member Posts: 34 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options

The performance mode on the Acer Nitro 5's NitroSense app overclocks the CPU and GPU, which pushes the fans to the maximum and can make a loud noise. The NitroSense app also has a Quiet mode that reduces fan speeds to lower noise levels.

Yes, you can modify the fan operation mode in MSI's Center when the usage scenario is set to "Extreme Performance". You can also try turning on silent mode in Nitro Sense.

• Axxo
    Axxo Member, Ally Posts: 256
    Options

The noise might be caused by the bearing inside the fan. You could try lubricating the fan bearing with sewing machine oil (only a drop or two, not too much!). Also, you should check the fan blades so that they're not damaged in any way and that they do not touch anything.

• Peter92
    Peter92 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Options
    Hello!
    thanks for the help.
    There are no problems with the venti bearings, the machine is half a year old.

I just don't like the fact that when the machine is in performance mode, it spins the gears to the max.

I have no problem with the heat, the cpu is a powerful game and even for a long time it does not go to 90 degrees and the gpu sometimes reaches almost 70 degrees.

By default and automatic fan control, just that the speeds go over 3000.

Silent mode doesn't change anything for me, it's in the performance department, so my performance mode is lost.

Is there any solution? so that in power mode the fan speed is similar to the default power?