SFX16-51G factory reset. trying to make a factory reset reinstalling windows 11

Options
navcoi
navcoi Member Posts: 1 New User
edited April 23 in Swift and Spin Series

Hi

I'm trying to make a factory reset reinstalling windows 11 but it doesn't install windows with the factory programs, and when I press alt+f10 at startup it doesn't start the recovery tool.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,473 Trailblazer
    edited April 21
    Options

If you can boot to Windows open AcerSense or Acer Care Center and click on the Recovery tab. If nothing works you lost or corrupted the Recovery volume on your boot drive and you will have to boot with a Windows Recovery flash drive that you can buy from Acer in your country for your model or if unavailable, you can make one (without the OEM apps) on another PC that has the same Windows OS, alternatively bring the laptop to Acer Services in your country to reset the system to factory defaults with all the OEM apps and latest Windows11 23H2 OS for a small service fee.

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,980 Trailblazer
    edited April 24
    Options

There is no difference between the Acer and the Microsoft Win-11 OS as the Acer OS has additional sponsored software and the essential Acer software that you need for the SFX16-51G is downloaded from the Applications page where there you should download and install the Acer Care Center and Quick Access. Then download the Microsoft Win-11 23H2 version and use Rufus 4.4.exe as a boot on an 8GB USB drive and put the unzipped IRST (Intel® Rapid Storage Technology) Driver version 18.6.1.1016 from the SFX16-51G Acer support page.

When you get to the Win-11 installation section of "Where do you want to install Windows >Load driver > and then load the unzipped IRST driver" so that you can continue the Win-11 installation and do a clean install, then update the bios to version 1.03 then do all the windows updates and Intel updates (use the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant) and install the NVidia GeForce Experience so that this downloads the latest RTX3060 drivers for your laptop, as and after you do all the above, it will make your Swift SFX16-51G laptop to be up to date and operate to its peak performance. Good luck.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options

The key portions of the Acer build include two applications that you can download from Acer on their support site under Applications. Quick Access and Acer Care Center.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.