What thickness of thermal pads should be used for acer nitro 5 an515-55-53e5?

Options
Socks7922
Socks7922 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited April 21 in Nitro Gaming

Hey, I was wondering what the different size thermal pads I need for my acer laptop (nitro 5 an515-55-53e5)?

I also was wondering the best thermal paste to use for the CPU/GPU? If you have a video showing where to put the different sized pads that would be great too andThanks in advance so much.

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,980 Trailblazer
    edited April 21
    Options

Acer uses a thermal paste for the pads and they don't state which paste they use for the cpu/gpu. From my experience and what I'm using and this is on my own Nitro AN515-56 laptop with the following spec; i7-11370H / RTX3050 / 32GB @ 2x 16GB DDR4-3200Mhz CL22 / PCIe3x4 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus) I use the Thermal Grizzly Liquid Metal Conductonaut Extreme paste, be warned and follow the application instruction for this paste carefully, as applying liquid metal that is conductive and too thickly will spill onto the mainboard circuitries and underneath the cpu and gpu which will destroy your mainboard components. But liquid metal paste is the best and most efficient paste for high end applications and gaming where the cpu/gpu is at peak usage, as it will reduce cpu/gpu temps allot more than normal paste, so don't even bother with normal paste as it does not compare to liquid metal efficiency.

With the pads, I use the Thermal Grizzly MINUS PAD 8 as they come in a range of thicknesses from 0.5, 1.0, 1.5 and 2.0 mm thickness and you have to approximately measure what gaps you have for these pads and get the appropriate thicknesses, in my case I bought the 0.5 and the 1mm thick of the 120mmx20mm size pads as that was enough to cover the whole thermal module. Good luck and hope this helps you out.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍