ACER NITRO AN-517 42 WIFI CARD PROBLEM

Options
SabroNN
SabroNN Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

Hi, I've a NITRO AN-517 42 and I've been facing low wifi speed for months. I tried many solutions like updating wifi driver changing wifi settings changing wifi adaptors. But I got nothing, so I'm typing because of this. My wifi card is Mediatek MT7922A22M ( RZ616 ). Is there a any solition for this issue? I couldn't get +30 mbs wifi speed even in full signal. ( Wifi speed 100mbs fiber 5ghz )

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,980 Trailblazer
    Options

The MTK MTRZ616 Wi-Fi/BT card has a Wireless Transfer Rate at the 802.11ac (or Wi-Fi 5) wireless networking standard of up to 1733.3 Mbps and an 802.11ax (or Wi-Fi 6) wireless of up to 2401.9 Mbps speeds. Getting only 30 Mbps speeds is a fault with either your Wi-Fi card or your modem, test your modem by connecting an RJ45 cable from your AN517-42 LAN port to your modem directly and see if the internet signal speed is what your provider supplies for you, as if that is ok then its the MTK MTRZ616 Wi-Fi/BT card that is faulty and needs replacing with a new card.

Try to install the MTK Wi-Fi driver again and properly for the MTK MTRZ616 card by completely uninstalling the driver at Device Manager > Network adapters > MTK MTRZ616 card and then installing the Acer oem Wireless LAN driver for the MTK MTRZ616 card provided Acer driver version 3.3.0.723. See how to do this from this PDF guide of the MT7922A22M Test-Mode Software Application below. Good luck.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,469 Trailblazer
    Options

Those Speedtest readings is what I am getting on LTE 4G on a very good day, Ping is awesome, if you have 5G in a large city it probably should be better. Nothing to do with your laptop but everything with your bandwidth/Internet Server. Query the company or get a faster Internet plan, you can try to change the frequency band of the router but my experience is negative, you need more bandwidth from the ISP.