How to fix quick charging and battery draining issue in my acer aspire 7 laptop?

Options
Dhamotharan
Dhamotharan Member Posts: 1 New User

My acer laptop is facing quick charging and battery draining issue, like charges completely in 15 minutes and then drains very Fastly within half an hour. It's been over heating Also this complete issue is new to my laptop.

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,469 Trailblazer
    Options

Uninstall the Acer apps Quick Access, Acer Care Center and AcerSense and verify in Widows Services that none of the Acer.Scv are still running, stop and disable starting in properties. Reset Power Plan in "Edit Power Plan" to factory defaults and do the same in BIOS with F9 in BIOS and save changes in BIOS. Boot to Windows and uninstall in Device manager these two battery drivers, just reboot

Do a full charge cycle for BIOS and MS ACPI protocal to register the full capacity of your battery, failing this "one time" proceuer will reult in the issues you are experiencing. Uninstall hibernate and fast startup in "Change what opening the lid does" and shut down. Plug-in the barrel plug AC power adapter that came with the laptop. (don't use your USB-C charger for this). Charge till the amber LED turns blue and wait another 10 minutes, boot to Windows and disconnect the adapter, work till the laptop turns off automatically and close the lid. Plug-in the adapter and charge again till the LED turns blue, wait 10 minutes. That's it.