Nitro 50-640 - second m.2 nvme SSD install

Various
Various Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi,

I'm trying to connect second m.2 drive (Lexar 710 1TB, brand new) to my Nitro 50-640. After installation first boot up works fine. I've even spend couple of hours the other day installing games etc., all happy.

Problem started next day from let's say "cold start". Windows kept rebooting, BSOD "CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMOUT" showed up couple of times, Windows auto repair as well. After removing extra drive PC works just fine.

I've tried changing setting in BIOS, disabling SATA controller, enabling VMD controller, with all combination of it. Every time I install new drive back I'm getting one boot up, but later problem occurs again.

I've had hard time to find motherboard specification, to be sure if this motherboard actually support two m.2 drives. I know that older Nitro 50 have only two slots (one not for drives), 50-640 should have three (2 slots for drives).

Is it possible that I got broken drive? Or there is some configuration that needs to be done?

Best Regards,
David

Best Answer

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,526 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

This BSOD has nothing to do with the you fitting a new Lexar 710 1TB M.2 SSD drive, the CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT BSOD is a Windows stop error that indicates a problem with your computer’s processor. When this error occurs, it means that one of the processor cores in your system has failed to respond within the allocated time period. This can happen due to various reasons, such as hardware issues, driver conflicts, or software problems.

When CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT occurs, your computer may freeze, become unresponsive, or restart automatically. It can be a frustrating experience, especially if you’re in the middle of an important task or project. For a fix to this BSOD error follow this guide here "How to Fix CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT" . Good luck.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

Answers

• StevenGen
    Answer ✓

This BSOD has nothing to do with the you fitting a new Lexar 710 1TB M.2 SSD drive, the CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT BSOD is a Windows stop error that indicates a problem with your computer’s processor. When this error occurs, it means that one of the processor cores in your system has failed to respond within the allocated time period. This can happen due to various reasons, such as hardware issues, driver conflicts, or software problems.

When CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT occurs, your computer may freeze, become unresponsive, or restart automatically. It can be a frustrating experience, especially if you’re in the middle of an important task or project. For a fix to this BSOD error follow this guide here "How to Fix CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT" . Good luck.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• Various
    Various Member Posts: 2 New User

@StevenGen Thank you!!! It worked after first step!

Your solution was spot on!

• StevenGen

Glad to help you out! Good luck and enjoy your Nitro desktop.