Acer Nitro 517-42 Screen Black, Instantly reboots

Options
Rojoajax
Rojoajax Member Posts: 3 New User

Anytime I am playing a game, even low requirement games. My laptop will just Reboot after 20 or 30 minutes. I've isolated it to a power issue with the CPU. Laptop is less than 2 years old, no damage, rather infrequently used. Not overheating, all connections are seated, all drivers are up to date, BIOS up to date, no malware. It's just a poorly built Laptop. Anyone else had this experience? I guess I just want validation so I can move on to another product

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,561 Trailblazer
    Options

Boot to Safe Mode (Shift+Restart) to check BSODs, if not you have a rogue driver or corrupted system. Type Reset in Search and "Reset this PC" without losing my files option. If BSOD happens in Safe Mode too I recommend bringing the laptop to Acer Services in your country.

• Axxo
    Axxo Member, Ally Posts: 256
    Options

Please try a simple power reset to check the auto shutdown issue. Shutdown the laptop. Disconnect the charger. Please check for a battery reset PIN hole at the bottom of the device.The reset hole would have a battery symbol next to it. Insert a paperclip into the hole and press for four seconds. Let the computer sit for 5 minutes with no power. Reconnect the charger and power On the laptop. It should work fine.