Every time I turn on my computer, command-line utility error pops up quickly

Options
hoe
hoe Member Posts: 3 New User
edited April 20 in Windows 11

Every time I turn on my computer, it pops up quickly. I have tried many methods and even went to a repair shop to reinstall the system, but it still happens. Can anyone help me?

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,065 Trailblazer
    edited April 18
    Options

The c:\windows\system32\sc.exe that appears on your desktop post boot could be the following and you should take the following steps to eliminate it as it could be a malware or a virus also.

The sc.exe file is a command-line utility in the Microsoft Windows Operating System. Let’s explore its purpose and characteristics:

Function:

Service Control Manager Configuration Tool: sc.exe allows administrative users to establish a program as a Windows service in the Service Control Manager (SCM) database and the Registry. This can be done either locally or remotely.

It enables users to manage services, such as starting or disabling them.

The commands and parameters of sc.exe allow it to invoke Windows API functions for service control.

The genuine sc.exe file is located in C:\Windows\System32.

If you see sc.exe running continuously in the Task Manager, it might be malware. However, it’s essential to verify its legitimacy.

Security Rating:

When located in C:\Windows\System32, the security rating is 2% dangerous. The file size is approximately 60,416 bytes.

If found in a subfolder of C:\Program Files, the security rating is 74% dangerous.

Trustworthiness:

sc.exe is a Windows core system file and is considered trustworthy when located in the system folders.

It is not visible in the user interface.

The program can manipulate other programs and record keyboard and mouse inputs.

Caution:

Executable files may, in some cases, harm your computer. Therefore, exercise caution.

If you encounter unexpected behavior related to sc.exe, consider further investigation.

Remember, sc.exe is a powerful tool for managing services, but it’s essential to use it judiciously and verify its legitimacy if you encounter any issues.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• hoe
    Options

the sc.exe located in system32 there.so how now?how i fix pop up sc.exe?

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,956 Trailblazer
    Options

It is not something you need to fix. Using SC to launch a service is a pretty normal thing for many apps. The popup is a CMD window and should open, then immediately close under normal circumstances.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • hoe
    Options

i dun think this normal,because in game will pop up halfway through.this is problem