startup.nsh Nitro 5 My laptop did not come with Windows per-installed

Options
Deee
Deee Member Posts: 2 New User
edited April 18 in Nitro Gaming

Preface:
Model No. N22C1 Nitro 5
My laptop did not come with Windows per-installed I guess

Summary: I have just purchased a Nitro 5 laptop and I cannot get past the "startup.nsh" boot menu.

Troubleshooting:

1. When I booted up the laptop for the first time, I was waiting for the setup.nsh script to run, however, it never did after five seconds.
  2. I went to the drive fs0: then displayed the information
    1. It displays zero files and 1 dir
  3. I then typed exit to get into the BIOS menu.
  4. While in the BIOS menu, I tried to disable fast start up and secure boot.
  5. Upon saving and exiting, I was brought back to the startup.nsh screen with all of my drivers listed.
  6. I decided to follow these steps: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-boots-with-blue-screen-then-shuts-down/ec8c1562-9165-4ac3-934d-2c8ec6ab69a7 (I didn't follow everything exactly as not all of these steps apply to what we have, so after the "Choose the boot device as a UEFI device…" I stopped following.
  7. Therefore, in step six, I tried to use an external usb to install windows 10. What happens with this is that I go to boot up my laptop, no more startup.nsh screen, but we come to a light blue windows colored screen, fan runs , and after a few seconds it shuts down.
  8. I've repeated all steps a few times and even tried holding down alt f10 while booting up with my usb as the first to be booted with.

I can post pictures and anything else, I am just not sure what to do or where I'm going wrong. sigh. It feels bad since I just opened the laptop.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• Deee
    Deee Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Wanted to leave a comment and say it's the AN515-47-R3S5 Nitro 5