My Triton 300 SE stops charging while gaming.

Options
dreyydk
dreyydk Member Posts: 2 New User

When I'm using it normally, without opening any game or something like that, it charges well, but when I open a game, suddenly it stops charging.

Sometimes unplugging it and plugging again solves the problem for a few minutes before stopping again.

I already tryed changing places, tryed deleting battery devices, restoring the PC, cleaned the plugs, but still the same problem.

The battery and the charger are both looking well, the problem occurs only when I open games.

Answers

• adword
    adword Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Laptop charges fine except during games? Here's the fix:

Check Charger Power: Your charger might not be strong enough to handle both gaming power and battery charging. Look for a higher wattage charger recommended for your laptop model.

Power Mode Settings: Your laptop might be in a battery-saving mode that limits charging during high load. Try switching to "High Performance" mode in power management settings.☺️

• dreyydk
    dreyydk Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Tryed changing the power mode setting like you said, didn't work at all.

I played Sekiro, for a couple minutes it was charging well, but then that same problem came back.

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,484 Trailblazer
    Options

Get a much larger power adapter with the round barrel type plug as advised above. Don't use a USB-C charger.

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,980 Trailblazer
    Options

What is your Predator Triton 300 SE laptop exact model number, it should be something like PT315-xx as that can give us an idea of what adapters your laptop has oem from Acer, as you might have the lower adapter watt rating like the 180W instead of the higher capacity 230W. DO NOT USE any high powered adaptor as you will cause permanent damage to your laptop and burn components out, so be warned! Good luck.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍