Very weird glitch on my nitro 5 an515-44

Options
Pavlichh
Pavlichh Member Posts: 1 New User
edited April 18 in Nitro Gaming

Hello. I recently took my acer nitro 5 an515-44 to get the thermal paste changed at a local shop. When i got it back it wouldn't boot while on battery so i took it back and the guy fixed it but now the battery wasn't charging and i was going to go back to get it checked out once again but in the meantime i was playing cs2 and the fps started dropping from 150+ down to 5 and back up and the led for the battery was flickering on and off. I thought that it could be the cable coming out of the power supply so i unplugged it and the laptop shut off while it had 80% battery. The laptop wasn't booting with a normal press so i held the power button for about 10s and it booted up fine. I then went into the game again but the same problem was still there. I tried playing on my battery and there were no fps drops and the game was working fine so i thought it was the charger. I went and bought a new charger took it to the shop but still nothing changed.I left it for a day or two and the guy said he can't get the battery to charge but he also ran firmmark and there were no fps drops on firmmark so he said its probably something to do with windows. I reinstalled windows downloaded cs2 and still the issue is still there. I really have no more solutions in mind and as far as i can see this is a first of a kind glitch.

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,980 Trailblazer
    Options

Take your laptop back to the technician that repasted your laptop as he has done something to your laptop and probably didn’t disconnect the main battery when he repasted the cpu/gpu, I know that its hard to prove, but a laptop not charging after a repaste is very suspicious if its not charging afterwards, as he must have shorted your charging rail out while doing all this work (see caption below). Get him to check the charging rail of your laptop and replace the appropriate capacitors or mosats that are shorted and stopping your laptop from charging. Good luck.

As you can see from the caption below of your Nitro AN515-44 mainboard, the thermal module and cpu/gpu are in the vicinity or the DC_IN port and all the circuitries that control powering on and charging your laptop are within this area and he must have shorted one of those capacitors or mosts out.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• heltonhelton2
    heltonhelton2 Member Posts: 5 New User
    edited April 28
    Options

Passo1: Em resumo, se a pasta térmica escorrer na placa-mãe, é recomendável limpá-la imediatamente para evitar possíveis danos. O carregador deve ser compatível, verifique principalmente a amperagem de entrada. Se você não se sentir confortável fazendo isso sozinho, pode ser uma boa ideia levar o computador a um profissional para limpeza e manutenção. Lembre-se, a prevenção é sempre a melhor solução.

Passo 2: Execute cmd com privilégios de administrador e siga com o comando: powercfg/energy para obter mais detalhes.

Passo 3: Consulte os problemas de eficiência de energia. Verifique no relatório gerado pelo comando powercfg/energy, Erros, Avisos e Informativos.

Geralmente o resultado poderá ser consultado em C:\Windows\System32\energy-report.html para obter mais detalhes.

TRANSLATED

Step1: In summary, if thermal paste drips onto the motherboard, it is recommended to clean it immediately to avoid possible damage. The charger must be compatible, especially check the input amperage. If you don't feel comfortable doing this yourself, it might be a good idea to take your computer to a professional for cleaning and maintenance. Remember, prevention is always the best solution.

Step 2: Run cmd with administrator privileges and follow with the command: powercfg/energy for more details.

Step 3: Check energy efficiency issues. Check the report generated by the powercfg/energy command for Errors, Warnings and Information.

Generally the result can be consulted in C:\Windows\System32\energy-report.html for more details.

[Edited the content using Google translator]