Wifi card replacement on Acer predator Helios neo 16

Options
AFZALKHAN
AFZALKHAN Member Posts: 31 Die Hard WiFi Icon

Dear community friends,

I have Acer predator Helios neo 16 laptop.i need to upgrade wifi 6 to 6e.so anybody here please suggest me which type of key supported?

Best Answer

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,980 Trailblazer
    edited April 18 Answer ✓
    Options

The PHN16-71 laptop does not work with a 6E Wi-Wi card it only works with the Acer supplied oem Killer AX1650i Wi-Fi-6/BT card DO NOT upgrade it to the Wi-Fi 6E card.

Btw, I tried to do this upgrade on my Nitro 5 AN515-56 that also has the oem Killer AX1650i Wi-Fi-6/BT card and replaced it with an Intel® Wi-Fi 6E AX211 card and it didn't work, so I'm advising you from personal experience, only use the Acer supplied Wi-Wi/BT card. Good luck.

This is the Predator PHN16-71 oem Wi-Fi/BT card

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,980 Trailblazer
    edited April 18 Answer ✓
    Options

The PHN16-71 laptop does not work with a 6E Wi-Wi card it only works with the Acer supplied oem Killer AX1650i Wi-Fi-6/BT card DO NOT upgrade it to the Wi-Fi 6E card.

Btw, I tried to do this upgrade on my Nitro 5 AN515-56 that also has the oem Killer AX1650i Wi-Fi-6/BT card and replaced it with an Intel® Wi-Fi 6E AX211 card and it didn't work, so I'm advising you from personal experience, only use the Acer supplied Wi-Wi/BT card. Good luck.

This is the Predator PHN16-71 oem Wi-Fi/BT card

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍