upgrading CPU Predator PO3-630. should be fine as long as the socket and generation matchs

Options
Praelitor
Praelitor Member Posts: 2 New User
edited April 17 in Predator Desktops

Hello, I have a question regards upgrading the CPU from my current i5-11400F to for example I7-11700K, LGA1200. Both being LGA1200 11th generation, it should be fine as long as the socket and generations match?

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Best Answer

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,740 Trailblazer
    Options

Not always… The K models have a much higher TDP than the standard CPUs (nearly double), so you would have to revamp the cooling system to get it working right. In addition there are modes in the K models that aren't supported in the BIOS, so it will run as if it weren't a K (other than the extra power usage). Better would be an i7-11700F or possibly an i9-11900F. The non-F models will work, but are typically more expensive than the F models. Since the GPU built in to the CPU isn't bright out on the motherboard, there's no reason to pay more for the non-F models.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Praelitor
    Praelitor Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Thanks for the reply. What about KF and T versions?

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,973 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

These are the cpu's used by Acer with the Predator Orion PO3-630 desktop mainboards and what Acer bios is calibrated for, only use these cpu's for any upgrades as if you use any other cpu's they will not work. Good luck

PO3-630 CPU's

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍