My new Nitro ANV15-51 wireless connection problem

Options
shamtt
shamtt Member Posts: 1 New User

Hello everyone.

I need help.

Before this, I managed to use my wireless connection both via my home wi-fi and phone hotspot.

Now I only can connect via phone hotspot and failed connect to home wi-fi.

I tried uninstall wireless driver (model : MediaTek Wi-Fi 6 MT7921) and reinstall back but also failed to connect home wi-fi.

Error message : "Can't connect to this network"

Appreciate you kind assistance.

Thanks

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,991 Trailblazer
    Options

First have a look in Device Manager > Network adapter of what Wi-Fi card is fitted to your laptop, as the ANV15-51 has two different cards fitted which are either an Intel AX203 or an MTK MT7921LE card which with this card install the 2023 driver first, as that is the Acer fitted driver that Acer first installed to this laptop and could work much better than the last driver.

So if you have the MTK card do this, you need to completely uninstall the MTK (MT7921LE) card Wi-Fi driver that you have installed on your ANV15-51 laptop and install the initial Acer MTK (MT7921LE) Wi-Fi driver version 3.3.0.808 driver as that should work with your laptop. If it doesn't then its not you laptops Wi-Fi card but its your homes modem and internet connection that has a problem. These laptop Wi-Fi/BT cards are very reliable and very rarely give problems. Good Luck.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• Axxo
    Axxo Member, Ally Posts: 256
    Options

Please try this solution. You need to turn off the power save mode of the network adapter. The procedure is a follows:

Click "Start"
    Click "Control Panel"
    Click "Classic View"
    Double-click on "System"
    Select "Hardware" tab
    Click "Device Manager" button
    Click "+" to left of "Network Adapters"
    Double-click on "Atheros xxxxxxx."
    Click "Advanced" tab
    Select "Power Save Mode"
    Select "Off"
    Select "OK"