What bios version should be used as a minimum on the travelmate 6495T

Options
aaber012
aaber012 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited April 16 in TravelMate and Extensa

What bios version should be used as a minimum on the travelmate 6495T (built 2011) to support upgrading the system to an SSD over the orginal, still running, hdd?

The drivers/updates page of acer doesn't seem to want to load any information in any browser I use and was wondering if an update to the BIOS is available. It is currently the original (Phoenix Technologies Ltd. V1.09, 5/26/2011).

And if an update should be performed, where do I get the update? Windows update doesn't find anything and I'm suspect of using windows update for a bios update to start with, despite what the acer website Q/A says.

Similar question for my aspire 5741g. I haven't started that recently, but I know I've never done a bios update on it and it's a 2010 build, also showing no information on the updates/downloads page of acer.

[Edited the thread to add model number to the title]

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,783 Trailblazer
    Options

No BIOS changes needed for a SATA SSD vs a SATA HDD. As far as the system is concerned, they are the same thing, with one just having a faster seek time. The systems are old enough that Acer has removed support files, though there are likely third party sites with archived files.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.