brand new swift SF314-71-51NN overheating

Options
Terryro87
Terryro87 Member Posts: 4 New User

I have a acer swift SF314-71-51NN that i recently bought on amazon a month ago and it seems to be overheating with just a couple of tabs open and a stream open. this laptop is brand new. i have the latest bios and all the newest microsoft updates. my laptop is on a flat surface. why is my lap top overheating?

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,437 Trailblazer
    Options

This laptop runs hot: Turn off Turbo Boost and update Windows11 23H2 to build: 22631.3447. Reset the Power Plan to factory defaults (Edit Power Plan) and use Balanced or Best Power Efficiency plan. Laptopmedia states that the cooling is insufficient for the 45W Alder Lake H-series processors: https://laptopmedia.com/highlights/acer-swift-3-oled-sf314-71-top-5-pros-and-cons/

• Axxo
    Axxo Member, Ally Posts: 246
    Options

Using a laptop cooling pad or adjusting the power settings to reduce heat generation can help mitigate overheating issues.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,740 Trailblazer
    edited April 17
    Options

Momentary peak temperatures can spike that high on most systems, it looks like you are running between the high 40s and low 60s as your norm, which is just fine.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • yash234
    yash234 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

yes , i have this model too acer swift 3 oled i5 12500h, mine too heats a lot while charging , the lower back panel becomes too hot and even left side of keyboard becomes too hot , you can feel while typing , i dont know what to do , it touches 75C while charging and max temp shows 98C in hwinfo , and also shows thermal throttling while charging .

My laptop is still under warranty , can any of help me what can i do to get rid of this problem as it will eventually worsen the battery too.

throttlestop do not support undervolting in this laptop , so there is no option for me, is there any other way i can do to make it better ??

ps- thermal paste has been changed once from acer service centre , but no observable results .

• Terryro87
    Options

@yash234 exactly, same problem. its super annoying. i guess it's a product defect.

• Terryro87
    Options

@yash234 yeah it definitely overheats while charging. Sorry I'm not gonna go too deep in this. i just bought a laptop stand but thats about it. I'll probably rethermal paste and maybe reformat my pc but that's as far as im probably going to go.

• yash234
    Options

@Terryro87 thats totally fine , can you just check the battery status of yours , i was worried that my laptops battery backup is also too low , above i have mentioned , that simple process to health of battery and battery backup hours , it would be real helpful.

• yash234
    Options

also does your laptops heats too while charging or while using it only(not plugged in).

also can u tell me about the status of your battery , how much battery backup does it provide, you can check it out by this way …

https://youtu.be/8C0MKaIR-EE?si=OKd2LbmHiEJtPj1v

and you can share this screenshot at the end of that html file.