How to get better sound quality (Acer A515-57G)My laptop seems to have not much low end or high end

Kaz24
Kaz24 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited April 15 in Aspire Laptops

Hi,

My laptop seems to have so much midrange and not much low end or high end which is confusing me as everything is up to date (realtek drivers). The speakers also seem to be low in volume even when at full volume. Wondering if there is any way to fix this?

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Best Answer

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 12,166 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

The sound is limited by the Realtek ALC256 audio chip and speakers, although an improvement of the 2019 ALC255 chip (A515-54G) it still requires a good headset or external speakers with built-in amplifier for Hi-Fi quality. If you prefer to use the internal speakers, I recommend enabling the Windows Media Player Equalizer (right click for the context menu) or install a free audio volume booster from the Windows Store.

• Axxo
    Axxo Member, Ally Posts: 558

You can get better sound by enabling audio enhancements

Right-click on the Start button and select Run.
    Type Control Panel and press Enter. You can also open Search and type Control Panel.
    Click on Hardware and Sound.
    Click on the Sound submenu to open a pop-up window.
    Right-click on the sound playback device of your choice and select Properties from the drop-down menu.
    Navigate to the Enhancement tab and enable Bass Boost, Loudness Equalization, and Virtual Surround.
    You won’t be able to use the Room Correction option if you enable Virtual Surround, so you can leave it disabled for now.
    Press Apply and click on the OK button.
    (Optional) If you’re running a DAC or an amplifier, you might want to increase the sample rate and bit depth of the audio by clicking on the drop-down arrow under Default Format.

• Kaz24
    Kaz24 Member Posts: 4 New User

I do not seem to have an enhancements tab in my audio settings though which is confusing.

• Axxo
    Axxo Member, Ally Posts: 558

In such case, you can use FX Sound. Its a Free open-source software to boost sound quality, volume, and bass. Including an equalizer, effects, and presets for customized audio. You can get it for free from fxsound.com