My new Predator laptop (PHN16-71) is overheating, it gets to 95 degrees while gaming

Options
Max_G
Max_G Member Posts: 1 New User
edited April 16 in Predator Laptops

I got my laptop (PHN16-71) about a month ago and it gets to 95 degrees while gaming. I noticed that the fans aren't spooling up properly, as when it's at 70 degrees, its 3000 RPM and at 90 degrees, it's also 3000 RPM. As a result, every time that I'm gaming, I have had to manually turn the fan slider up. I then did some research and there happened to be something called "Cool Boost" on acer laptops that supposedly helps with cooling, but that function seems to be missing from my laptop. At this point, I have no idea what to do. Is there anything that I could do to get my laptop to run cooler?

[Edited the thread to add model number to the title]

Answers

• GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 6,351 Pathfinder
    Options

-Check for bios update

-Are you able to set max fan speed from predator sense?

windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,980 Trailblazer
    Options

Make sure that you have all windows 11 updated and latest bios installed the version 1.15. Then install GeForce Experience software and update the RTX gpu game ready driver through this software and play all games through this NVidia software also. The Cool Boost settings is in the Predator Sense software that you should have preinstalled by Acer and you can turn this feature on through that. Also update all the Intel drivers though the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant scan. As doing all these software updates and playing the games through GeForce Experience will reduce the gpu from overheating and make your PHN16-71 laptop run cooler, you can also add a latop cooling tablet which also helps reduce temps in gaming. Good luck.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• Axxo
    Axxo Member, Ally Posts: 252
    Options

I found that a "solution" for the really high temps is to turn off Turbo Boost in the (Advanced advanced) BIOS that you can unlock pressing "Fn + TAB" before bios while turning on the laptop.

(Hold Fn + Tab - keep holding fn + tab while pressing power on button for like 3second - press f2 repeatedly until you enter in BIOS)(Boot password must be on)