Acer Helios Neo 16. just black screen no turning on again no charging no anything

Options
Abdelrahman3143
Abdelrahman3143 Member Posts: 5 New User
edited April 15 in Predator Laptops

my Acer predator Neo 16 is only 2 months old 

Now 

I was playing video games with my friend as usual and suddenly nothing just black screen no turning on again no charging no anything 

I bought the laptop while I was in the United States now I am back in my country Egypt 

So I don’t know what to do I have nothing now I spent all of my money on a laptop to have a great experience but I have nothing Acer

please I can’t afford another laptop and this laptop was for my studying and some freelance work 

I really need a solution I can’t sleep I can’t eat I can’t do anything

I tried removing battery and draining power by pressing power button and removing ram and cmos battery didn’t work

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,003 Trailblazer
    edited April 19
    Options

Do this as this should make the laptop turn on and boot, as your PHN16-71 has a frozen EC chip that needs resetting and this partial reset will fix that and its not complicated and it will not void your warranty, so do the following:

First remove the eleven (11) screws from the base cover.

Detach the acetate tape from the battery plug and mainboard and then disconnect the battery cable from the mainboard connector (D) and take the battery out, leave the battery disconnected for 5 min and then reconnect battery and back cover.

Reboot the laptop, as this should fix the power On issue and the boot process of the laptop. If this doesn't fix your problem, then you need to take/send your Predator PHN16-71 laptop to Acer Tech Support in Egypt and get them to fix this problem for you. Be aware that thisPHN16-71 components are very expensive and all malfunctions of your laptop and faulty components while under the Acer warranty period of 2 years should be sent to Acer tech Support in your country so that they can fix your laptop. Good luck

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍