flickering in games Acer ED270U P monitor

Options
BanZay
BanZay Member Posts: 1 New User
edited April 13 in Monitors

ORIGINAL

Здравствуйте . при включении G sync на мониторе acer ED270U P появляется мерцание в играх

TRANSLATED

Hello. When you turn on G sync on the Acer ED270U P monitor, flickering appears in games

[Edited the content using Google translator]

Answers

• GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 6,347 Pathfinder
    Options

I think you're going outside your monitor's gsync refresh range (probably 48-165hz). The rule of thumb i learned about was to lock your refresh rate at your monitor's max refresh rate minus three. So, if your monitor can do 165hz, lock it in the Nvidia control panel at 162hz. It's much easier than adjusting the setting for all your games (and wasting power) by supersampling to keep your framerate low.

First check monitor Gysnc range then act accordingly

windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • Axxo
    Axxo Member, Ally Posts: 246
    Options

VRR flicker issues are typically inherent to the panel itself and cannot be affected in any way, maybe except radically reducing VRR range to reduce the maximum amount of fluctuation that the panel can be subjected to.

If this setting really caused the flickering to go away then it probably disabled VRR completely.

If your monitor has FPS counter then enable it and verify if the FPS actually fluctuates together with a game, and if it doesn't have FPS counter than use RtssNvidiaVblankStatus tool to display current VRR refresh rate on OSD, it should match game framerate.