no battery detected acer travelmate P (N19Q7)

Options
Mkf
Mkf Member Posts: 2 New User
edited April 12 in TravelMate and Extensa

i am an international student in italy, i have borrowed a laptop from the university because i cant afford laptop was acer travelmate |P (N19Q7)

it is brand new and it says no battery detected.

I have restarted and driver unistall and installed it but it didn't change.

what should i do?

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,616 Trailblazer
    Options
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,011 Trailblazer
    edited April 14
    Options

The TravelMate TMP214-52 which is the model number that is used (don't use the N19Q7, as its not used and means nothing) has a dedicated battery inside, first open the back cover and see if the battery is plugged into the mainboard of the laptop properly or not? If its not, then disconnect the main battery and replug the battery and see if the battery will be detected and the laptop woks on the battery only, if not then you have a faulty laptop and/or a faulty battery which is very unusual for a new laptop, so use the laptop on the adapter charger only. Good luck.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• Mkf
    Mkf Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Thank you

I will ask my professor if the guarantee can do it, otherwise I will do this, because if screws are removed guarantee may be invalid.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,783 Trailblazer
    Options

That is the case in many countries, but not all. Since it is a new laptop, use the warranty process to get it fixed if at all possible.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.