Aspire Vero AV15-51-57WC Notebook Charging, but Battery Percentage Does Not Increase

Options
Diana_7713
Diana_7713 Member Posts: 1 New User

Currently, I'm using an Aspire Vero Notebook (Model: AV15-51-57WC) and have been using it for almost 2 years now.

It just happened recently and suddenly. It was still fine a few days ago, but I noticed that my battery drains faster than before. Last night, I tried to charge it as it was low battery, and it was charging fine. However, when I woke up in the morning, I was confused as to why my laptop percentage turned to 2% even though I left it charging. And now, the laptop is charging, but the percentage is not increasing (stuck at 1% now), even though the AC adaptor is connected. When the adapter is not connected, the laptop shuts down immediately. I have tried to update and install all the drivers, but there has been no progress. I already tried updating, running a battery report, and reinstalling battery drivers, but nothing changes. I don't know what to do, please help me.

Kindly leave any suggestions.

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,437 Trailblazer
    Options

Look at the back on the right-side edge in the middle, there is a small pinhole with a battrey sign, carefully push a pin down the hole till you feel it click and hold it down for 5 seconds, this will reset the battery. The laptop may still be under warranty so don't open the latop, Boot to Bios with F2 and reset with F9 in BIOS, save changes on exit. Boot to Windows and uninstall these 2 battery drivers:

Just reboot and see if you can charge the battery 100%. You are using the 60-Watt power adapter, does the pin fit tightly in the DC port with an audible click when fully inserted, when you wiggle the plug a bit when inserted in the DC port do you see the amber battery LED reacting?