Aspire XC-603 Does Acer provide software Diagnostic for BIOS

Options
compis
compis Member Posts: 20 Troubleshooter

Does Acer provide software diagnostic for the currently installed BIOS ? as an example Aspire XC-603 model ?

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,617 Trailblazer
    Options

BIOS checking is done by POST, when Post fails then either hardware is bad or BIOS UEFI is bad/corrupted. AFAIK no diagnostic software for BIOS exits.

• compis
    Options

I am aware of POST on start up. the problem I have is acer omputer start post with no problem but wil not install acer newer BIOS and Acer does not provide any verification in the way of SHA hash.

that leaves 2 options the BIOS currently running is not correct or the newer BIOS version that does not install is corrupt. How does Acer resolve this issue?

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,011 Trailblazer
    Options

Take your Aspire XC-603 desktop to Acer in your country and get them to flash the bios for you or take it to an experienced technician that also has a proper bios chip programmer, thi sis the best and saftest way for you to resolve this problem. Good luck.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,783 Trailblazer
    Options

What BIOS are you running? What version are you trying to install? What error message is generated when the install fails?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • compis
    Options

I have taken it to no Acer computer technicians and one would not even try to update it no explanation given. The other computer shop could not get it updated.

If I take it to Acer tech to update I will record every hardware component to see if they try to replace the mother board or BIOS as this Acer computer runs your valid BIOS but does not upgrade to Acer's new BIOS and strangely Acer does not provide verification of there BIOS.

Can you recommend the best way to contact Acer via phone in the Canada Toronoto area to see if or what they charge to update the BIOS ?