Aspire A515-56G reset pc fails "Advanced Options" it does not give me the option to reset

Options
NavyDoc
NavyDoc Member Posts: 2 New User
edited April 12 in Aspire Laptops

I want to reset my laptop to its factory settings without saving my data. I have tried to reset from the Acer Care Center, from Windows Recovery, and from the Windows Power Shell via bootable USB flash drive. I have tried both options, saving/deleting my data and have tried to reinstall Windows from both local copy and from cloud/download and it has failed every attempt and at the same place. After reboot it goes to the blue screen where the I can choose "Advanced Options" or "Turn Off PC" and in the "Advanced Options" it does not give me the option to reset, so I shut down and at the next startup it says the Reset Failed and no data has been changed…

My BIOS Version is V1.35 and D2D is Enabled. I am running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit

Any help would be greatly appreciated and many thanks in advance…

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,438 Trailblazer
    Options

The "Reset this PC" option shows before the Advanced menu (not in the advanced menu) in Windows RE, read this tutorial how to Reset W11: ttps://www.elevenforum.com/t/reset-windows-11-pc.433/ If all Reset methods fails you may have to fresh install Windows11. Lessons learned: use a Backup USB drive to back up your entire boot drive after each monthly Windows update, I recommend the image file option in W7 backup app Control Panel Windows11. https://www.elevenforum.com/t/clean-install-windows-11.99/

• NavyDoc
    NavyDoc Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited April 17
    Options

Thank you for replying…

I tried doing a reinstall using the USB image created using the Media Creation Tool. After choosing the language etc and accepting the license agreement I do not have the product key so I choose activate later then I click on Install now and when it asks where do I want to install Windows the box is blank, when I hit Refresh it says no drives found, if i choose to browse to load the drivers for the drive I see both my hard drive and the USB Boot drive, I select boot drive (X:/) and it says "No signed device drivers were found. Make sure that the installation media contains trhe correct drivers, and then click ok" …

It seems to me the BIOS is somehow preventing any type of install and Im at my wits end.

Perhaps I should add… when the Acer logo appears there is a window that very briefly appears and disappears before anything loads… its only visible long enough to see the outline of the window and then its gone…a fraction of a second i expect…