Acer Swift 3- SHUTS DOWN ABRUPTLY- for no reason.

Options
Chris12345
Chris12345 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi guys,

I have been having an issue with the laptop since I purchased it around 14 months ago.

I sent it twice to get repaired with the manufacturer to get it repaired when it was within the warranty period but they returned it back saying everything is fine with it and it is working all good. All the test and diagnostics that the performed is all okay, and no repairs needed. I insisted that it SHUTS ITSELF DOWN ABRUPTLY FOR NO REASON but the diagnostics they ran were all good and clear.

So I have been dealing with this ongoing issue for a long time now. It shuts off by itself. Then I need to press the power button again to get it up on and running with all the windows booting and choosing guest profile just like I just switched it on.

I am glad hopefully I can find some help in here. Thanks a lot.

Chris

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,870 Trailblazer
    edited April 12
    Options

The system may not be shutting down but goes to Hibernate, Hybrid or Sleep Mode, what is the power LED indicating on the right side of the laptop after these shutdowns, amber flashing slowly? Check Reliability History-Problem Reports what causes these shutdowns. Disable Hibernate and Fast Startup in "Change what closing the lid does" and reset your Power Plan to factory defaults in "Edit Power Plan". Reset BIOS to factory defaults with F9 in BIOS and save changes on exit BIOS. Also, you probably need to "Reset my PC" and create a new Microsoft (recommended) user account as administrator (no need to set a password or PIN).

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,961 Trailblazer
    Options

What are you doing when it shuts down? Are you running any background apps to monitor temperatures? Typically a power off that comes out of the blue is caused by overheating on the CPU, which turns off when the temperature exceeds 100C.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.