My laptop Acer Swift not turning on

Options
Derrick_andrew
Derrick_andrew Member Posts: 1 New User

hi good day i have a problem in my laptop. I already try to reset battery using pinhole at the back but not solve my problem.

with and w/o battery - when i plug in my laptop fan will spin very fast but when i plug it out it will stop

but when i connect its battery and try to press power button fan will spin but when i let go pressing power button fan will stop spinning

is there anyone who encountered like mine?

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,872 Trailblazer
    Options

What is the Swift model and year, W10 or W111, are your using a USB-C charger or the conventional barrel power plug type adapter, what is the adapter power (voltage, Watt). Did you try to reset BIOS with F9 in BIOS and saved the changes on exit?

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Options

Yes, Acer has been making Swifts for many years now, and there are usually several models each year. We need to know what you have before we can provide any good answers. Your full model number is usually on the same sticker as your serial number, it should look something like SFxxx-xxx-xxxx.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.