Boot problem in Acer Aspire C24-865, how this might be resolved.

Options
PKK
PKK Member Posts: 3 New User
edited April 11 in All-In-One PCs

I have an Acer Aspire C24-865. It is running Windows 11.
It has been fine for ages but in the last couple of months I have been having boot problems.
Having switched it on. It sounds as if it is booting fans etc run but nothing happens. After several attempts it usually boots and then runs normally.
I am loath to try to create a new boot file as the computer came with a number of pre-installed pieces of software some of which I find useful.
Does anyone have an idea of (a) what the issue might be and / or (b) how this might be resolved.

[Edited the thread to add model number to the title]

[Edited the thread to hide sensitive content]

Answers

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,812 Pathfinder
    Options

@PKK

Does it show anything like the Acer logo after pressing the power button?

Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • PKK
    Options

Thanks for the interest - no it just sits there benignly until I hold the power button and it shuts down.
    It usually takes a few cycles like this until it then loads as it should and works normally

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,634 Trailblazer
    Options

Consider replacing the old "spinner" (Sata HDD) for a Sata-3 SSD like the Samsung 2.5" 870 Evo V_NAND 1TB. Backup the complete HDD to an external USB drive, remove the HDD, install the SSD in the same bay with the same Sata-3 cable and restore the system from the backup drive, you will lose nothing.

• PKK
    Options

Thank you though a tad more difficult than my skills would allow.
    As it is an all-in-one computer taking it apart is beyond me.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,816 Trailblazer
    Options

Yes, one of the detractions for an all in one. You might have a local technician that could do it for you. Often that type of issue is traceable to the drive, and the SSDs are much more reliable, in general, than the old HDDs. It will also be much faster with a SSD. :)

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.