Why is it not possible to turn on the keyboard light by moving the mouse

Options
Hassein
Hassein Member Posts: 2 New User
edited April 9 in Swift and Spin Series

Why is it not possible to turn on the keyboard light by moving the mouse.. its so annoying having to hit keyboard every time so as to turn it on. please can you fix that.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,876 Trailblazer
    Options

The touchpad mouse curser on the keyboard will start the backlight when moving it, the external mouse has a separate driver from the keyboard and cannot start the keyboard backlight. 😉

• Hassein
    Hassein Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

The touchpad mouse curser on the keyboard on the laptop does not start the backlight on my Acer Spin 3, is the an option which I am missing. only pressing the keyboard starts the backlight.

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,824 Pathfinder
    Options

@Hassein

The keyboard backlight will not light up if you do not press anything on the keyboard. You can disable the keyboard time-out in the BIOS, Main tab.

Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Options

That is the expected behavior. The keyboard backlight is designed to work when you are actually using the keyboard, and be off the rest of the time to save battery.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.