Heating issue on the predator Helios neo 16

Options
AFZALKHAN
AFZALKHAN Member Posts: 31 Die Hard WiFi Icon
edited April 15 in Predator Laptops

Dear community friends,

Last month i encountered a heating issue on my acer predator Helios neo 16.problem is on motherboard so technician place the order for motherboard .i waited for 1 month to get that motherboard.yesterday I got the motherboard.arrived motherboard is also a defective piece.then technician requested for another motherboard.suddenly i raise my voice for laptop replacement.then they ask me to send the box and laptop accessories to their banglore warehouse.i don't know why they are asking.

Probably they will recheck and send the same piece to me .did anybody know what is the reason they are asking for that ?. when technician install a ssd in the new motherboard it will not turn on . without SSD, motherboard is working perfectly fine .they tried another SSD also still the display is not turning on.so I said technician to please install latest bios/firmware using usb storage .because it comes from taiwan probably they will not flash the bios .but he say that we cannot do that thing because thier head also examined this thing and they approved for motherboard replacement.then suddenly warehouse team contacted them to courier the laptop with box .I don't know what happened?

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]
[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• TriforceParas
    TriforceParas Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited April 16
    Options

Hay man i have very similar problem as yours

I have Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315-53 i7 10870H RTX3060 bought in June 2021 and its motherboard got burned on 14th March 2024 and since then Acer has done almost 4 Motherboard replacement but all of the replacement boards were defective i asked them to replace or refund the laptop and they simply refused to do so saying its against warranty T&C

[Content removed]

But whatever you do get a refund from acer and complete all the formalities they ask just get refund and get out of acer.

[Edited the content to hide sensitive information]

• AFZALKHAN
    AFZALKHAN Member Posts: 31 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    Options
  • Axxo
    Axxo Member, Ally Posts: 256
    Options

I found that a "solution" for the really high temps is to turn off Turbo Boost in the (Advanced advanced) BIOS that you can unlock pressing "Fn + TAB" before bios while turning on the laptop.

(Hokd Fn + Tab - keep holding fn + tab while pressing power on button for like 3second - press f2 repeatedly until you enter in BIOS)(Boot password must be on)

• Uzumaki_panda
    Uzumaki_panda Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Does that really works bro? I mean i'm having heating issues too, so will it really help?