Laptop auto-restarts during sleep mode SF14-71T Swift 14

Options
Eddieeeeeeeeeeeee
Eddieeeeeeeeeeeee Member Posts: 1 New User
edited April 9 in Swift and Spin Series

Brand new laptop SF14-71T Swift 14

Always restarts during sleep mode

Sleep mode is supposed to mean one is able to return to previous work when laptop wakes up from sleep mode. But it appears that it restarts instead on waking up - all previous work/programs closed

Anyone can advise?

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,877 Trailblazer
    Options

"Wake on LAN" may be enabled, Uninstall Hibernate and Fast Startup and reset the Power Plan to factory defaults, boot to BIOS with F2 and reset BIOS to factory defaults with F9 in BIOS and save changes on exit. Check in Power Plan Advanced settings that USB selective suspend is disabled. Sleep mode will switch to Hibernate mode after a few hours with the new Modern Standby protocol (the new Sleep Mode). Disable the automatic restart feature: Click on the Search bar, type advanced system information, and select the View advanced system settings option , look for Startup and Recovery and click on Settings. Clear the Automatic restart box.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Options

Open power options and see what the buttons and such are set to do. Fast Startup will slowly drain your battery and if the battery gets low enough it might be set to shutdown. Same thing if you have something plugged into an always on USB port. A solution for those is to enable hibernate, then set it to hibernate when the battery gets too low. That's how I run my systems… It's a little slower starting from hibernate than from sleep, but it doesn't have to come up from scratch unless there's been an update that required a restart.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.