Acer Aspire XC-780 GPU upgrade.

Options

i have a Acer Aspire XC-780 with Intel i5-7400 core and a gt730 GPU is it possible to upgrade the GPU to rx6400

Best Answer

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,065 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

You can upgrade the PSU and to a better GPU like an NVidia GTX type, as the XC-780 has Standard 24-Pin ATX power connector that can be upgraded to the modular and new ATX PSUs available on the market today, but these PSUs are not the same size as the oem space and the PSU size that is fitted to the XC-780 desktop, so you will either need to use the new ATX PSU outside of the case or also upgrade the case of the XC-780.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

Answers

• StevenGen
    Options

Due to this desktops Acer fitted single phase 220W PSU this desktop comes with certain gpu's standard from Acer. If your XC-780 has the Nvidia GT730 2GB that has a boost clock speed of 700Mhz, the next up upgrade is the Nivida GTX750 4GB that has a boost clock speed of 1020Mhz which is listed below and Acer also fits oem to the XC-780 desktop and is a far better performing gpu. Those are the choices that you have good luck and hope this helps you out.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• noobieaaaaaaa01
    noobieaaaaaaa01 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
  • StevenGen
    Answer ✓
    Options

You can upgrade the PSU and to a better GPU like an NVidia GTX type, as the XC-780 has Standard 24-Pin ATX power connector that can be upgraded to the modular and new ATX PSUs available on the market today, but these PSUs are not the same size as the oem space and the PSU size that is fitted to the XC-780 desktop, so you will either need to use the new ATX PSU outside of the case or also upgrade the case of the XC-780.