Predator PH16-71: Monitor connected via USB-C to DP Disonnecting and Reconnecting

Options
fibster
fibster Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello,

The monitor I am using is a GIGABYTE G34WQC and this is the cable I'm using.

The problem I am having is when I try to use the cable from one of the thunderbolt 4 ports, it will connect and display fine initially for ~30s-1min. Then it will randomly begin to disconnect and reconnect. This also plays the windows sound when disconencting/reconnecting USB devices.

I've attempted to lower the refresh rate and that makes no impact on stability.

I've also received a second cable (same type) and it suffers from the same issue, so unless there's some compatability problem I'm missing, I don't believe the cable is at fault.

I am able to use the HDMI port on the laptop without any issues of disconnecting/reconnecting.

Another potentially related piece of information is I have a USB-C hub connected to the other thunderbolt port and on extremely rare occassions (maybe once a week) that hub will disconnect randomly and not reconnect. I have to unplug and plug it back in for it to come back.

Let me know if there's any other information needed to help figure out what's going on! I'd love to be able to take advantage of USB-C to DP to get the 144Hz supported by my monitor.

Thanks in advance.

Answers