What size thermal pads are used in the Acer Predator Helios 16 (2023)?

Options
Stiltonpie
Stiltonpie Member Posts: 45 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited April 7 in Predator Laptops

Hello,

I was wondering what size thermal pads are used in the Acer Predator Helios 16 (2023)?

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,986 Trailblazer
    Options

Acer does NOT specifiy and/or has thermal pads part numbers listed in the PH16-71 laptop service guide. When you change the thermal pads and the cpu/gpu paste you need to use liquid metal paste for the cpu/gpu and use a high-grade pad, look at the Thermal Grizzly range of liquid metal paste and thermal pads and follow their application guide especially for the liquid metal paste as that is crucial to follow and repasting guide for the cpu/gpu correctly with liquid metal paste, imo Thermal Grizzly make the best thermal pastes and pads on the market. Good luck

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• Stiltonpie
    Stiltonpie Member Posts: 45 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options

Ok, thank you for the advice. I was wondering if anyone has reapplied the LM and if the LM barrier was intact when the heat sink was removed. If not are there any websites that sells Barriers for LM? I know clear varnish or Thermal Grizzly sell TG Shield can be used to protect the area around the die's but LM can roll about.