How to make veriton n4640g see a USB device

pucidbu
pucidbu Member Posts: 1 New User

I’m really struggling in making the PC Veriton N4640G see any bootable USB key 😩😩. But what is absurd is that previously I could make it effortlessly! I didn’t change anything in the Bios, and yet, all of a sudden no USB key is seen anymore. Firmware version is R01-A3. So the conclusion is that In this moment I can’t install any operative system. Any idea of the reason?

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 11,734 Trailblazer

You say "any" did you try several bootable flash druves? See if you can boot another PC with that flash drive, you may be doing something wrong when creating a bootable USB drive,

• Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,559 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon

Be sure that you have BOOT ENABLE enabled. Then reboot with F12. This is from an TC-895 so yours may be different ???

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,365 Trailblazer

The BIOS setting you are looking for is called just Boot Menu and it's on the Boot Options tab:

You need it to be enabled, then use F12 at boot to see the menu.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Axxo
    Axxo Member, Ally Posts: 500

It has become increasingly popular for PCs to obscure or eliminate "legacy" booting in favor of UEFI booting.
    Ensuring that the appropriate UEFI boot partitions are created when installing an OS will allow it to boot on UEFI-only systems.