My display on my acer Chromebook 315 is horrible, is this fixable?

Options
DavidTilley
DavidTilley Member Posts: 1 New User
edited April 7 in Chromebooks

I just bought an acer chromebook 315 and I can see the pixels in the text, any diagonal line appears as jagged. Pictures look to be low resolution, washed out and lacking saturation of color. There seems to be no way to adjust picture settings other than brightness and warmth of night light. I have a 3 year old chromebook 314 and the resolution and picture quality is fantastic. Is there any way to improve the quality of what I am seeing on the screen or does this chromebook just suck?

Answers

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 ACE Posts: 4,084 Pathfinder
    Options

@DavidTilley

We need to do a power wash on your chrome book.Restart the chromebook.
    On the login screen please don’t type the password.
    Hold the Ctrl key + shift key + alt key on keyboard and then press the letter r once
    It will show “Reset this pc”
    Click on power wash and continue..
    Please understand it will clear the local and user settings..
    Please complete the final setup..
    Connnect to wifi and type the wifi password
    Login to chromebook with your regular password
    It should work fine ..

If it is still not working

Kindly follow the details from the link given below.    It will show you how to perform a hard reset. 

https://community.acer.com/en/kb/articles/496-reinstall-powerwash-the-chrome-os

Once the hard reset is completed try to check whether it is working fine by connecting to wireless.     If it is not connecting to a wifi at your home please try to connect to a wifi in a different place or try to go to a hot spot and try to connect to a different wifi and check. 

If you face the same issue even after doing power wash and hard reset then it is a hardware issue.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    Options

Hi,

Since, you mentioned about an old chromebook. Just wanted to check if you are using the same google account in this new device. If so, all the settings would sync automatically. If you are using a different account, then i would suggest to try with original account and check, If you wish to change settings.

Open the browser, click on ellipsis on the right corner, click on settings, click on display, Here you can change the display size and orientation.

If none of the above suggestions work, then try the below.

Turn off your chromebook. Press and Hold refresh button (3rd button after Esc) and Hold Power button together for 5 to 10 sec. Post that test the device.

Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,815 Trailblazer
    edited April 14
    Options

Which 315 model do you have? There are a bunch of different versions, and the low end ones tend to have lower resolution displays in them. Your full model number is usually on the same sticker as your serial number, it should look something like xx315-xxx-xxxx. If you have a WXGA screen, so 1366x768 it will look like that.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.