Trouble with Predator Sense software in Predator PO5-600s

Options
PCKings
PCKings Member Posts: 1 New User
edited April 7 in Acer Software

I have replaced a faulty motherboard of a Predator PO5-600s and the computer is now working, albeit laggy. The Predator Sense software does not recognise the installed board as I believe the BIOS requires "Predator" in the model name for it to be recognised. I cannot find a BIOS renamer and the BIOS updates are not working from the Acer website. The motherboard is an exact replacement in terms of model number (Predator PO5-600 H37H4-AM) but has PO5-600 as model type in BIOS. Could you advise where I can gain access to rename the BIOS model (I have tried a DMI tool without success) and also where I can download BIOS updates for this board. The Acer Predator PO5-600s driver page does not seem to match up with the BIOS version numbers.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,788 Trailblazer
    edited April 14
    Options

Yes, the BIOS should display "Predator PO5-600s" as the Product Name. What does yours show? Just PO5-600? If so, try renaming the Predator PO5-600s folder in PredatorSense_Acer_3.00.3014_20191029_W10x64\plugs\0000000000000000 to just PO5-600, then retry the install. Likely your motherboard didn't come from Acer originally, but was flashed by a third party.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.