Predator Helios 300 Graphic 3D problem

Options
Letday
Letday Member Posts: 2 New User
edited April 7 in Predator Laptops

Hi all,

Since a week or two my laptop started to have graphic problem and it seems only 3d vids/games.

I have a:

helios 300

Nvidia gtx1060

8gb ram

Here is a screenshot or the problem in game:

I tried:

Clean windows instal

Clean driver instal, update etc

I'm bit lost , hope there is some1 out there that can help.

[Edited the thread to add model number to the title]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,980 Trailblazer
    Options

Is your laptop the Predator Helios 300 PH315-51 as that has a GTX1060 gpu. This laptop is a 6 years old laptop and you could have some hardware issues that could affect your laptop. First make sure that you have the last bios version installed for this laptop PH315-51 which is version 1.26, also do a hard reset by taking the main battery out and the bios battery out and then short the bios batteries +&- mainboard plug pins with a metal object, to reset the CMOS, all this will reset the EC, chipset chips, which could affect the screen image that you are getting. Reconnect everything and see if the screen has been reset. If the screen is not reset, your laptop could have a faulty eDP cable or screen or even a gpu which you need to get a technician to diagnose where the exact problem is coming from, as you need special tools to do all this and a microscope. Good luck and hope this helps you out.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• Letday
    Letday Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Thank u for the response. I'll have to see if I can do this at all. If not I'll have to bring to a technician yes. Is this common with this type pf laptop?