Aspire Z24-880 Is it possible to upgrade to Windows 11 by changing the processor?

Options
beatle59
beatle59 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited April 16 in All-In-One PCs

ORIGINAL TEXT

Aspire Z24-880-as gépem van. Lehetséges processzorcserével Windows 11-re upgrade? Ha igen milyen processzorral? Köszönettel

TRANSLATED

I have an Aspire Z24-880. Is it possible to upgrade to Windows 11 by changing the processor? If so, with which processor? Thank you.

[Edited the content using Google translator]

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,446 Trailblazer
    Options

The later Aspire Z24-890 is Windows11 compatible but the Z24-880 is not. Although it may be possible to replace the CPU, much better to get a new computer. Stay away from the All-In-One designs, they are really not as upgradeable as the desktops.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options

The Z24-880 uses a 7th gen chipset and a custom shaped motherboard. It's not possible to upgrade to Windows 11 or to upgrade the CPU to a newer generation.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • beatle59
    beatle59 Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited April 15
    Options

ORIGINAL TEXT

Köszönöm a válaszokat és szomorú vagyok, hogy a Microsoft nem törődik sok millió felhasználóval és rákényszeríti őket, hogy dobják ki a gépeiket és vegyenek feleslegesen újat. Ezzel csak a szeméthegyek nőnek majd, ami nagy gond amúgyis manapság.

TRANSLATED

Thanks for the replies and I'm sad that Microsoft doesn't care about millions of users and forces them to throw away their machines and buy unnecessary new ones. This will only increase the mountains of garbage, which is a big problem these days anyway.

[Edited the content using Google translator]

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options

Just keep running Windows 10 until such time as you decide an upgrade is warranted. I have a machine here I still use from 2006 running Windows 10…

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.